Problem with Soccermoms

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Admin on Fri May 09, 2008 11:14 pm

Soccermoms are the people who complain about everything and they are the ones who don't want black hanging with whites, they are the one who banned beating children's and they are the ones complaining about how eating meat is bad (Although PETA is better than them at complaining about eating animals).

So, do you think they are bad or do you think they are good?

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forummotions.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  russell on Sat May 10, 2008 12:00 am

They complain about eating meat? That's the first time that I've heard that one.

My problem with them is that they want to shield children from the real world, and thus are staunch supporters of media censorship. I am a strong supporter of having as little censorship as possible in the media, therefore I am not a huge "soccermom" fan.
avatar
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 32
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Surprisingly that the US have a lot of things censored but they have a high crime-rate.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forummotions.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 5:02 pm

Censoring from the truth, in my opinion, is not a good thing. However, it's whatever the parents want to do anyways. We can't really do anything about it.
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 6:33 pm

They don't just want to censor bad words but also other culture. They called a rice-ball a donut? Make you wonder that they are trying to keep other culture from the Americans doesn't it?

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forummotions.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Skiyk on Mon May 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Censoring and changing traditional cultural stuff is not correct but swear words have no cultural meaning at all.

Shit - Poo.
Fuck - In ancient times when a King orders men to sleep with women to greaten his population...or just sex with a lack of love nowadays.
Bitch - Female with no rights or privileges as a person.
Damn - To curse
Hell - The Christian "bad place"

These have no meaning except for the last two, which are fine when used in context.
avatar
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  russell on Mon May 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Oh yeah, sure. The real problem that I have is with the censorship of sexual and violent content. It's what makes our media interesting, and it's wrong to eliminate it. People can choose to watch it, they are most certainly not forced to. I am a strong supporter of freedom of expression, and I think it should be the consumer's choice what he or she experiences, not one made by corporate and/or government bodies.
avatar
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 32
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Admin on Tue May 13, 2008 3:39 pm

Money is power. Power is control. Without money, you can not control the media.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forummotions.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Skiyk on Tue May 13, 2008 9:29 pm

russell wrote:Oh yeah, sure. The real problem that I have is with the censorship of sexual and violent content. It's what makes our media interesting, and it's wrong to eliminate it. People can choose to watch it, they are most certainly not forced to. I am a strong supporter of freedom of expression, and I think it should be the consumer's choice what he or she experiences, not one made by corporate and/or government bodies.

That is absolute drivel. Some kids who played "Need for Speed" hopped into a car, killed themselves and a taxi driver.
Good, eh?
People who see sex and such on TV get a distorted view of it. They do not see the person behind the body. That is where we get rapists and pedophiles.
Wonderful.
We need parents to protect their young from that.
avatar
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Admin on Tue May 13, 2008 9:46 pm

That why we should education people on it before they see it. Even if it is censored, they will get hold of it one day.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forummotions.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  russell on Tue May 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Skiyk wrote:
That is absolute drivel. Some kids who played "Need for Speed" hopped into a car, killed themselves and a taxi driver.

You have it backwards. People that want to do reckless things will do them in games also, in attempt to satisfy their desires. People play those games because of reckless tendencies that they possess before coming in contact with the game. That's why they're attracted to them. Most people that do crazy things in real life will do them in games also. Most people that do crazy things in games will never attempt them in real life. For example: I enjoy playing games. Many of the games that I play have violence in them, I do not want to commit any unnecessary acts of violence in real life. On the other hand, a person that is violent in the real world would likely also enjoy being violent in a fantasy setting. Therefore, many violent people like playing violent games because they are drawn to it, but people that play violent games are not necessarily violent people. It is not a two-way street.
avatar
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 32
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Skiyk on Wed May 14, 2008 8:03 am

More crap. Youth have developing minds. If you fill those minds with sex, gore and death at a young age, they will take that with them to adulthood. They found a copy of the "NFS" in the passenger seat. Do you see a connection?
avatar
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  russell on Wed May 14, 2008 5:07 pm

Skiyk wrote:More crap. Youth have developing minds. If you fill those minds with sex, gore and death at a young age, they will take that with them to adulthood.

Most kids are exposed to those sorts of things, yet most people are not murderers, or rapists.

Skiyk wrote: They found a copy of the "NFS" in the passenger seat. Do you see a connection?

Smart kids. They knew it was better to risk bringing along a game than a real person, in case something bad were to happen.
avatar
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 32
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Skiyk on Wed May 14, 2008 7:51 pm

Well actually we are the generation of violent video games. We haven't seen the aftermath yet as most of us have not developed.
avatar
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  russell on Wed May 14, 2008 8:06 pm

Skiyk wrote:Well actually we are the generation of violent video games. We haven't seen the aftermath yet as most of us have not developed.

Do you honestly think that playing a violent game will turn you into some sort of monster?
avatar
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 32
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Skiyk on Thu May 15, 2008 7:53 am

Yes! Monkey see, monkey do. Kids are as monkeys.
avatar
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Admin on Thu May 15, 2008 5:09 pm

First of all, kids are not monkeys. Second of all it's how the parent deal with the situation that affect the child. Thirdly, the more you censor, the more curious they will be.

The more you censor, the more violent they are.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forummotions.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Skiyk on Thu May 15, 2008 8:02 pm

I don't see where you got that from actually. When you see kids that are brought up in violence and death, they respond to that. In fact, some kids who have played really violent games become SEXUALLY STIMULATED by the death in those games. I have thrown so many facts out and the truth is that you have given me nothing but a 15 year-old's opinion. If you give me something solid then I may be able to understand your point of view better.
avatar
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  russell on Thu May 15, 2008 8:14 pm

Skiyk wrote: If you give me something solid then I may be able to understand your point of view better.

I'll give you something solid. Most of my friends play violent games, and have been playing them for years. They are all normal, sane people. That is also true for most young people. If one unstable youth commits a crime, the first thing that the Soccermoms will look for is whether he or she played violent games beforehand, just to be able to blame them. Sure, most violent kids play violent games. However, most normal kids play violent games also, so it really isn't a valid argument, seeing as most kids do not commit violent crimes. Here's an example: Most people brush their teeth. If a person committed a violent crime and it was found out that he or she regularly brushed his or her teeth, would that suggest that people who brush their teeth are more likely to commit violent crimes? Well, your answer is probably going to be "no". Maybe you'll even suggest that the two actions cannot be compared. What you must realize is that they can. Most people brush their teeth, yet most people do not commit violent crimes. Most people play violent games, yet most people do not commit violent crimes.
avatar
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 32
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Skiyk on Thu May 15, 2008 8:20 pm

Valid point but brushing your teeth does not affect one psychologically. When you blast a guy's guts out in a game you absorb that. Brushing your teeth causes no psychological anything.
avatar
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  russell on Thu May 15, 2008 8:29 pm

Skiyk wrote:Valid point but brushing your teeth does not affect one psychologically. When you blast a guy's guts out in a game you absorb that. Brushing your teeth causes no psychological anything.

You obviously did not understand my argument. I was comparing tooth brushing to game playing on the fact that most people do it. It doesn't matter what it is, the point is that most people do it.
avatar
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 32
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Skiyk on Thu May 15, 2008 9:20 pm

And I played on it by shoving some science in there, furthering my point. I completely understand what you are trying to say and it didn't really work. It's not what you're intaking, it's what you're intaking. Figure that one out.
avatar
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  The Last Indian on Thu May 15, 2008 9:21 pm

When I play CS I get a hard-on

The Last Indian
Freshman
Freshman

Posts : 1
Join date : 2008-05-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  russell on Thu May 15, 2008 9:23 pm

Skiyk wrote:And I played on it by shoving some science in there, furthering my point. I completely understand what you are trying to say and it didn't really work. It's not what you're intaking, it's what you're intaking. Figure that one out.

Let me summarize it: A common thing that most people do does not become a harmful thing just because a few of those people also do bad things.
avatar
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 32
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Skiyk on Thu May 15, 2008 9:29 pm

But it's not just a few. Like you said, many people play video games but the rating are a form of censorship. Should a 4 year-old be able to play an "M" or "AO" rated game? No. There has been research done. The violence affects the kid's developing mind. And if a 14 year-old play an "AO" game then that will affect him. There are reasons for those ratings. A 14 year-old playing a violent "T" rated game is fine. It has been deemed safe by people who are professionals in that area of research. I'm no professional but I'm sure the people who came up with that rating system could convince you of its purpose.
avatar
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Soccermoms

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum